Monday, November 10, 2008

Back to real fall weather.

My what a difference a few days makes! My last post was about the great weather, and now it's fall, y'all.

Yesterday, the dog, the boy and I all hit the road. The west wind was howling, so we took off to the east. The boy got cold and turned around early. Sadie and I toughed it out and then I added on another .6 to make sure I was over 3 miles.

My feet have been bothering me, especially my left heel. I have had very good luck avoiding injuries. So, I'm hoping this is nothing too severe.

I am sort of resigned to the fact that I probably won't hit my yearly running goal. I have less than 2 months to go, and it would take a Hurculean effort to get to my goal. It is not impossible, but tough.

Honestly, I don't mind cold-weather running, it's the wind that makes things tough. Plus, I bought a new neoprene face mask that will make me look like Hannibal Lecter! Now, that's hot!

No comments: